In contrast to common belief, pivot glass doors come in standard sizes too. But to get the magic of these doors, one would need to get a rather big size. The whole pleasure of getting glass doors, in the first place, is to enjoy the view without interruptions. That’s the magic of pivot doors. They have no bars in between to block your way. Plus, they have this amazing opening mechanism that makes them really unique and innovative – as long as you have the space.
Should we introduce you to pivot glass doors?
The secret to the uniqueness of pivot doors is the way they move. They actually rotate around a pivot – found at the central point of the bottom and top of the door. In its full opening, the door occupies space both inside and outside – that’s given that we are talking about patio doors.
The truth is that pivot glass doors usually serve as patio doors since they occupy too much space to be installed indoors. But they can be installed anywhere, provided there’s sufficient space. The downside of these doors – but what also makes them so unique, is that they need quite some space even if their overall size is not gigantic. That’s because they occupy room in two spaces.
What size pivot glass doors you should get?
They may come at standard sizes but they look terrific in grandiose sizes. In fact, the larger they are, the more impressive they get. And while they are actually extremely heavy – if you consider the huge size, the components, the framing, and the glass panel, they may open with a gentle push. To put it simply, their size can be as big as you want it to be – or, to put it better, as big as your space allows it to be.
Glass pivot doors make excellent front doors
If you plan a front door installation, consider a pivot mechanism too. That’s if you have sufficient space at your home. Of course, getting a full glass panel for your front door may not be the best choice but it can be tinted. Naturally, the panel of pivot doors may not be strictly glass but any other material, marble included. Fascinating?
On the other hand, pivot glass doors will look great for terraces and patios. They are a great choice for external doors when paired with good locks. They may work with keyless entry systems too.
All the good things about pivot glass doors
• You can order them at any size you like – even massive sizes.
• No other door is as impressive as pivot doors, which paired with the sleekness of glass make a superb product about to leave all your friends speechless.
• In spite of their large size and heavy load, they are easy to operate – they feel very lightweight to you.
• They offer a full view and make the home look much bigger.
The downsides of pivot glass doors
• They don’t come cheap – that’s for sure. Then it depends on the door installation company/supplier, the location, the size you choose – all features of the door.
• They are super-easy to use but only when the door installers have done a terrific job. Alright, this is true for all doors, especially if we are talking about front doors and patio doors – all high-risk entry points. But since pivot doors have a special mechanism, it’s best if you find a company with experience in pivot glass door installation services.
• Possible strong winds in your area may be a problem. Always consider the elements and how much they affect the location you intend to install a pivot door.
• Pivot doors – glass paneled or not, take up some space. Measuring with precision is a must. Making sure the pivot doors won’t stand in your way tomorrow is something you need to consider today.